I’m a writer based in Norwich with a lifelong affinity with words and storytelling.
I seem to have been entranced by words and stories for as long as I can remember. My interests range from interwar European history and fiction; English weird and eerie fiction; the world of the Vikings and the Anglo-Saxons; the short story; modern and renaissance art; contemporary photography and all kinds of films.
When I’m not reading or writing, I like cooking, cycling, travelling in Europe and looking after renegade cats and lost hedgehogs.
Qualifications and experience
- BA (Hons) Modern History from St. Anne’s College, Oxford
- MA in Creative Writing (Prose) from the University of East Anglia
- Author of one novel, one collection and many published short stories
- Taught creative writing at the University of East Anglia, Norwich University of the Arts and the Open University
- Founded the Unthank School of Writing
- Regional Ambassador, East of England, reader and mentor for The Literary Consultancy
- Publisher at Unthank Books and editor of Unthology
- Copywriter for Robot Mascot